Cosplayer Interview: Paris Sinclair
Today on Ogeeku we have Arizona cosplayer Paris Sinclair stop by to talk about her and her cosplaying
1) To our readers out there introduce yourself:
Hey guys! I’m Paris Sinclair, a Nutrition student at ASU who LOVES to cosplay, play video games, read comic books and more!
2) How did you get into cosplaying?
I first got into cosplaying after attending my first convention with a friend. Afterwards I never attended a convention without a costume!
3) What is the process for you picking the characters you want to cosplay as?
It usually depends. I usually have to like the series/game first or play/read/watch it before I cosplay that character. I like to go for more dark skinned or smaller body size characters because it fits me better. But I do characters that don’t have my features as well!
4) What would you say you’re a fan of more in terms of cosplaying anime, video games, or comics?
I would say it’s a tie between video games and comic book characters. I’ve been doing video game characters more recently!
5) One of your most interesting cosplay is Morgana from League of Heroes – Just want to know why you picked her and how is the process as cosplaying as her?
I picked her because I loved how dark she was and I had never done something like that. Also she had wings and that gorgeous big, torn skirt! She also had the grey skin so I was like….I have to do this character! League is one of my fav games also, even though I am super bad at it! hahaha
6) Also a popular one is your Jade Kosplay from Mortal Kombat, what made you want to pick her and would you say you are good as Jade when playing the game?
Well I picked Jade because A) she is dark skinned and B) She is a freaking ninja! Who wouldn’t want to be a badass ninja? I’d say I’m not bad as playing as her in the game. It’s fun cause I can see all her badass moves too!
7) You are also a part of the XX girls, tell me what is that all about as in what do you girls do?
The group is compose of Jessica Nigri, Amie Lynn, Lindsay Elyse, Anna Winter, Angelica Virgie whose nickname is Jelly and myself as we are an awesome group of nerdy girls who just want to nerd out as much as possible! Also we want to show the world that girls can be nerds too!
8) Outside of cosplaying what are some of your personal hobbies?
I am a student! So I study a lot haha. Music is my life so I am always listening to different types of music. I am also currently learning the guitar right now so I do a lot of playing and singing!
9) Do you have a personal favorite cosplay you have?
That’s really hard to pick…I would say my Morgana. I like it because it stands out so much and I feel super tall and majestic…but I also hate it because it takes forever to get ready and my back kills me with those wings!
10) Any other cosplay you have in store in the new future you would want to give away?
I never give away future cosplay plans…it ruins the surprise! But I can say that one of them will be from League!
11) Any cons that you will be hitting up soon?
I went to Comikaze Expo back in September and it was fun, so far nothing at the moment probably do more next year.
12) Where can the fans reach you?
They can reach me at my facebook page at www.facebook.com/OfficialParisSinclair, twitter @OParisSinclair and my new website which just got started at www.ParisSinclair.com ! Also if you want to check out the XX girls you can reach us at www.facebook.com/officialxxgirls
13) Thank You for doing the interview